Re: Converting old 455 to HEI ignition

  • greywolf200t@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2007
      I'll second the advice of using the Pertronix inside your existing
      distributor. The new generation II is even better than the original,
      although more fragile. You'll need an additional power wire, but it's an
      easy fix. Check with Summit Racing. HEI is easily also a great choice,
      although much more expensive, you'll need a larger ignition wire for the
      increased power required. Check with Summit Racing. Performance
      Distributors in TN will build you one with a custom advance curve for the
      best torque in a MH rather than acceleration in a hot rod. If you can
      afford an MSD for either of the above your will get more torque due to the
      multiple sparks per fire. Be sure and use high quality wires with any of
      these systems.

      Jack Byrd 77' Airstream Argosy MH