Re: Van rear door, how to open

  • sharonjr
    Message 1 of 46 , Apr 1, 2007
      Nothing on the side of the door but a few bolts. I'm going to try to
      post a photo of that door in the Photos section in the hope that
      seeing it will help. Thanx, Sharon

      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, bob dobalina <looneybin840@...> wrote:

      > How about on the side of the door, not in or out but the side that
      faces the other door?

      > sharonjr <sharonjr@...> wrote: Bob,
      thank you for responding to my request for information. My hope
      > was that a group member who owns (or has owned) the same vehicle
      > would know where Intervec 'hides' the latch/handle for the right-hand
      > door. I notice that my original request may have been unclear. I
      > corrected it below.
      >
      > I'm located in Vermont.
      >
      > Thanks, Sharon
      >
      > --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, bob dobalina <looneybin840@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Sharon~
      > > Where are you located I am a locksmith in my free time from other
      > hobbies...
      > >
      > > sharonjr <sharonjr@> wrote:
      > Several months ago I purchased an '86 Intervec Falcon on a Chev G20
      > > chassis, no manuals. It appears the rear doors can be opened but I
      > > can't find any "handle" on the inside of the
      right-hand/passenger side

    • Lisa Shelly
      Message 46 of 46 , Apr 10, 2007
        Maybe you'd like to read a can like the one I'm holding in my hand of WD-40 before you continue to blow too much sunshine up each others skirts.In fact - everyone can read it for themselves so we don't have to get into how WD-40 is made - who applied for the patent - who bought who out & when.
        To ease the pain for everyone involved I took it upon myself to find out a few things. I hope next one of you gracious fellows don't decide to share with the class what it feels like to give birth. I don't think I could take it. They did forget to add to the uses - takes crayon marks off walls & out of cloths -
        The Van door is open & hopefully the subject closed. Sharon - feel free to mail me off list.

        Have a great day

        Lisa

        Can says it - Lubricates, Cleans, Protects, Penetrates AND Displaces Water. Lubricates being the first on the list (back of the can)

        The can says it contains petroleum Distillates.
        Facts and Myths
        about
        Petroleum Distillates
        by Dean Whitehead
        Read Biography Below

        A great deal of misinformation is circulating among the general public with regards to RV appearance products. In particular, I would like to take time to try and shed some light on the ambiguous and confusing use of the term "petroleum distillates".
        Recently, I have heard and read comments made in seminars, in Web site forums and even in product advertising about petroleum distillates that truly misinforms the consumer. Anyone who makes the blanket statement that products containing petroleum distillates are harmful has no real knowledge of science or petroleum refining. After forty years of direct experience with this issue I have learned that false information is usually meant to take advantage of the consumer's lack of knowledge in order to sell something that wouldn’t sell otherwise. This is unfortunate a
        WHAT ARE PETROLEUM DISTILLATES?
        Defining "petroleum distillates" is much like trying to define "liquids", because they can be many different things. Everyone may have a different mental image of a "liquid". Petroleum distillates are liquids, but so are water, whiskey, pancake syrup, eye drops, mercury, battery acid and motor oil. They all fall into the general category of liquids – yet they are all different. The liquids listed above have one thing in common – each of them has a distinct area of use where they are beneficial and effective. This same analogy applies to petroleum distillates, so let’s examine them in greater depth.

        Some people are mystified by the name itself “petroleum distillates”, but that is exactly what they are – products made from crude oil that have been distilled in a refinery and then usually processed further and purified in some manner. The word petroleum, derived from the Latin petra and oleum, literally means "rock oil" and refers to hydrocarbons that occur in sedimentary rocks of the Earth's crust. Because most people mistakenly believe that all petroleum distillates must be similar, they find it hard to believe that there are so many totally different types, many with completely opposite characteristics and uses. In fact, even the term "distillate" raises concerns in some minds. Yet, lots of common and very beneficial things are distilled – water is distilled to
        eliminate impurities and alcohol is distilled from fermented sugars. The list could go on and on, but the point is that distillation is neither good nor bad, just a tool to make something more useful.

        betnden@... wrote: I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one trying to correct folks about
        WD-40. Even though it has petroleum products in it, it's absolutely NOT a
        lubricant. It's a Water Displacement product, experiment #40, thus it's full
        name. It also washes the protective film off normal steel products. As a
        test, take 2 pieces of the same material and treat one with WD-40 and the
        other with nothing. Put them side by side for a few days and see which one
        rusts first.

        Dennis in Eastexas
        "It's not Rocket Surgery"