Re: [classicrv] Another Battery Question

  • Richard Stratton
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
      It makes NO difference. If you were to cut the battery
      open (BUT DON'T!) you would see that internally they
      are the same post. Think of it as a "Y" inside with
      one leg going out the side, one leg going out the top
      and the last leg connected to the plates.

      --- Al Feyen <eaglestar200@...> wrote:

      > This may sound a little odd, but it will settle and
      > argument.
      >
      > Today I took my Class C out for it monthly
      > exercise, and happen upon a friend who was broke
      > down in a parking lot. All he really needed was a
      > jump-start. The argument came when I hooked up the
      > jumpers to my battery. My battery has both side
      > posts and top posts. The Motorhome uses the side
      > posts, and I clamped the cables to the top posts.
      >
      > My friend thinks I should have clamped the cables
      > to the side posts because my alternator power would
      > be there. I didn't think it would make any
      > difference, and it is easier to connect the jumper
      > cables to the top posts.
      >

      > Blessed Be
      >
      > AL

      > removed]

      Bored stiff? Loosen up...
      http://games.yahoo.com/games/front
    • JerryK

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
          Your right!! it's the same as if the cable was another two inches longer.

        • Joel B. Chappell
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
            There's no difference!

            They walk amongst us...

            Joel in NH

            Joel B. Chappell
            21 Billings Street
            Milford, NH 03055

            This may sound a little odd, but it will settle and argument.

            Today I took my Class C out for it monthly exercise, and happen upon a
            friend who was broke down in a parking lot. All he really needed was a
            jump-start. The argument came when I hooked up the jumpers to my battery.
            My battery has both side posts and top posts. The Motorhome uses the side
            posts, and I clamped the cables to the top posts.

            My friend thinks I should have clamped the cables to the side posts
            because my alternator power would be there. I didn't think it would make
            any difference, and it is easier to connect the jumper cables to the top
            posts.

            Blessed Be

            AL

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Bill Deisenroth
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
              You are right. The posts are connected internally so
              it makes no difference. You get the benefit of the
              alternator charge from both.
              Bill

              Be a PS3 game guru.