71 Travco 220 -- RIP

  • Henry Blair
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
      I have just posted pictures of the Travco 220 I owned for two days
      before I wrecked it just south of Deadwood, SD. I had just left Mt
      Rushmore. I bought it in Denver on 10/31/2006, spent two nights in
      it, and ran off the right side of the road, overcorrected, and it
      turned over on the west side of US 385. It is currently at Sunrise
      Towing Service in Spearfish, SD, and will be offered by the owner of
      Sunrise, Bob Ewing, on eBay for parts or restoration. Engine runs
      great, but there is considerable damage to right side.

      I am having a hard time writing this without getting sick. I was
      not injured at all, just unbuckled my seatbelt and got out through
      the large opening where the windshield had been.

      Not a pleasant time. I am flying back to Atlanta tomorrow from
      Rapid City, SD.

      Anybody know where a good Travco is for sale?

      Henry Blair
      4365 Butternut Way NE
      Roswell, GA 30075-5225
    • davidkerryedwards
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
        Henry:
        Call me. I'm sick at the news. I wondered why I hadn't heard from you since Thursday.

        Kerry

      • ncra@bellsouth.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
          Henry, hate to hear of your bad luck,glad you where not hurt, just looked at the photos of it. that was a nice looking rig.

          Timothy F. Heilig
          Carolina Copters LLC
          4933 Randleman Rd.
          Greensboro N.C.
          27406
          336-674-0451

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
            Hi Henry, bummer,
            at least you walked away. i have has a similar
            experience, so your not alone there.
            most of the old rigs i've seen around don't look as
            nice as your did, but if you keep looking, i'm sure
            you can find one. Doug

          • henryblairjr@bellsouth.net

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 5, 2006
                Henry:
                You should post the ebay link over on the Travco group also. Just as parts, it's worth a fair
                amount of money. The generator had less than 60 hrs, the AC worked fine, frig worked
                great, no problems with the furnace or recirculating toilet. Fantastic Fan was almost new.
                The new rims and tires cost me over $1200 and it has all complete new brakes and bearings.
                If you want to refer bidders to me to confirm any information, I'm more than willing to talk or
                e-mail with them.

                Kerry
              • davidkerryedwards
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 5, 2006
                  Henry:
                  This was posted over on the Travco group:
                  Price reduced!! 1972 Dodge Travco. 27 foot. 413
                  automatic. Dual exhaust. PS, PB. Newer paint. New
                  awning. Generator. New upholstery and carpet. Full
                  rear
                  bathroom with 4 foot tub. Sleeps 4. New tires with
                  full wheel covers. Good spare. Full aluminum front
                  bumper. Screen door. Microwave. Central heat removed
                  for extra storage (we used electric 110 heater
                  included). New water heater. Heavy duty trailer
                  hitch. All glass good. Stainless roof ladder. Always
                  stored inside. No leaks.. Currently stored in
                  Dayton, OH. Delivery possible or fly in & drive home.
                  $6,000 OBO. Dave at 937-835-5774 or 937-478-3283.

                  Kerry

                  --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "davidkerryedwards" <kerry.edwards@...> wrote:

                  > Henry:
                  > You should post the ebay link over on the Travco group also. Just as parts, it's worth a
                  fair
                  > amount of money. The generator had less than 60 hrs, the AC worked fine, frig worked
                  > great, no problems with the furnace or recirculating toilet. Fantastic Fan was almost
                  new.
                  > The new rims and tires cost me over $1200 and it has all complete new brakes and
                  bearings.
                  > If you want to refer bidders to me to confirm any information, I'm more than willing to
                  talk or
                  > e-mail with them.
                  >
                  > Kerry

                • Eric
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 6, 2006
                    Yo HB ...... why not just DRIVE it back ? ..... put in some flat
                    safety glass and seal-it-off and drive it home ? .... trying to sell
                    that on eBay ... needing towing .. located in SD ??.. !! ... that
                    slaes-job is a ruff-road !