Re: Exterior upkeep and restoration on 1981 Dodge Transvan?

  • carolyn clclerici
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 5, 2006
      While on the subject of exterior restorers- I have a 90" winnabego SuperChief - the paint is dull, faded and pretty darned ugly ( by the way, it's fiber glass) what might work on that? Is this Thetford RV finish Restorer good for fiberglass? carolyn

    • mtnfolksstuff
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 5, 2006
        Dave, Thank you for that valuable information. We have always used
        Transvan as sort of a generic name for our type of unit but using
        the correct terminology should help us as we continue gathering
        information. I appreciate it. I've gotten more off this list in
        the last 4 days than I have in all my searching since 2003. I
        appreciate it all and intend on using this list as we progress in
        our restoration. Chris--- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "1977
        Champion/Titian" <davheckman@...> wrote:

        > --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "1977 Champion/Titian"
        > <davheckman@> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "mtnfolksstuff"
        <mtnfolksstuff@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Mike, I checked our unit and it says the body was made by
        Brougham
        > > > Industries. Since the 1st unit was "totalled" in the Cedar
        Fire
        > > > here in San Diego, we have access to the interior walls and it
        > > > appears that is similar to what you described. I'm looking
        foward
        > > > to this list providing the information that we have been
        searching
        > > > for. Thank you, Chris
        > > >

        > > Mike,
        > >
        > > What you have then is not a Trans-Van by Champion Home Builders
        but a
        > > Travel-Van by Brougham Industries 14320 Romona Ave Chino
        California
        > > 91710. First year was 1981, ended production in 1985. Later in
        1987
        > > Brougham became part of or became ALFA LEISURE, INC.. It was
        > > constructed similar to Champion.
        > >
        > > Dave
        > > 1977 Titan 517D
        > > Dodge M500 Chassis
        > >

        > Sorry about that,
        >
        > That last reply was supposed to be adressed to Chris not Mike.
        >
        > My apologies to the both of you.
        >
        > Dave

      • mtnfolksstuff
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 5, 2006
          Dave, One other thing. Our "Travel Van" is the Dodge Sportsman.
          Thanks again for your imput. I was checking out the member database
          and see there are a couple of other Sportsman owners. Chris--- In
          wrote:

          > --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "1977 Champion/Titian"
          > <davheckman@> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "mtnfolksstuff"
          <mtnfolksstuff@>
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Mike, I checked our unit and it says the body was made by
          Brougham
          > > > Industries. Since the 1st unit was "totalled" in the Cedar
          Fire
          > > > here in San Diego, we have access to the interior walls and it
          > > > appears that is similar to what you described. I'm looking
          foward
          > > > to this list providing the information that we have been
          searching
          > > > for. Thank you, Chris
          > > >

          > > Mike,
          > >
          > > What you have then is not a Trans-Van by Champion Home Builders
          but a
          > > Travel-Van by Brougham Industries 14320 Romona Ave Chino
          California
          > > 91710. First year was 1981, ended production in 1985. Later in
          1987
          > > Brougham became part of or became ALFA LEISURE, INC.. It was
          > > constructed similar to Champion.
          > >
          > > Dave
          > > 1977 Titan 517D
          > > Dodge M500 Chassis
          > >

          > Sorry about that,
          >
          > That last reply was supposed to be adressed to Chris not Mike.
          >
          > My apologies to the both of you.
          >
          > Dave

        • Michael VanPelt
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 6, 2006
            ???

            Our 1979 is a Trans-Van, actually made by Champion, on the Dodge Sportsman
            F30 chassis.

            Mike

            Mike VanPelt

            Director of Bands & Orchestras