Coleman Elect-a-heat, EL Model, Rooftop A/C is making a shrieking noise

  • th_molnar
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2006
      My Coleman Elect-a-heat, EL Model, Rooftop A/C is making a shrieking
      noise. It kinda sounds like a cross between a belt and a bearing going
      out.
      The sound is not there all the time, and it does not happen at a given
      point of operation, EG. Only when the A/C compressor turns on or off,
      or only when just the A/C Fan is on. It comes and goes.

      I am wondering what part of the A/C is making this noise, if it is
      about to cause the A/C to stop working, and how I would go about
      fixing it, if possible.

      Thanks,
      Thom72Champ
    • Richard
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2006
        Hi
        If you take the cover off on the roof there is a shaft with a fan on
        the end the other in goes though a bearing in the motor use a little
        wd-40 to loosen it up then use some synthetic oil to lubricate it. I
        lubricate mine once a year. Hope this helps.

        Richard Houston
        95 American Eagle