1975 Brougham Sportsman Coach

  • rnreadel
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2006
      Hello! I was directed to you all through great word of mouth. We
      recently aquired a 1975 Brougham Sprotsman Coach. Need all the advice
      I can get. Am new to everything. Engine upkeep no problem, know
      that. Don't know a thing about anything else! Any words of wisdom
      about tanks, fridge, LP, etc. would be great.
    • Wesley Furr
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4, 2006
        I've done lots of studying about the gas/electric ammonia-based
        fridges...anything you want to know in particular? Most important is to
        keep it level while it's running! They rely on gravity in order to
        cool...if it's not level, it will mess up the cooling unit and ruin the
        fridge. (The cooling unit is half the cost of a new fridge) If you're
        traveling down the road, the jostling will take care of it, but don't stop
        with it off level for very long. Perhaps not as big of a deal as I'm making
        it out to be, but I doubt you want to be putting out $800+ to replace one
        anytime soon... :-) I just did that last spring...right at $900 for a new
        one...and the whole camper (before that was installed!) is probably only
        worth $2000.

        Wesley

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2006
          If you have replaced the frig with a newer unit it is not as important
          to have it abosolutely level, as the coil lines run on a diagonal
          which promotes refrigerant flow.

          Dad