Re: Centramatic continuous wheel balancers

  • Philip Piper
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
      --- In classicrv@egroups.com, tderonne@f... wrote:
      > Has anyone tried Centramatic continuous wheel balancers?
      > I've seen them in Camping World for a few years now. My trip to
      > Colorado really has me fed up with the vibrations I have. I've
      talked
      > to the folks (Jerry) at Centramatic, sounds like I'm a perfect
      > candidate for their product. I sound just like a couple of the
      > testimonials they have posted at their site (www.centramatic.com
      > pretty basic, but hits the high points). Everything has been tried
      > get my motorhome to ride better, nothing has worked. I think I'm
      > going to try these out.

      I used a set of these things about 30 years ago on a International
      Travelall, it had high floatation tires on oversize rims. Worked
      great. Before using the rings nobody could keep the wheels balanced.
      Phil Piper
    • Jim Clay
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
        Philip,I understand there are two companies making the continuous wheel
        balancers.One uses mercury,the other steel balls in oil.From what I've
        read,both work but the mercury works better longer.Seems the oil starts to
        congeal with age.No personal experience.

      • tderonne@ford.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 6, 2000
          I did indeed try a pair after my Colorado trip.
          To make a long story short, I'm buying two more (enough for a second
          axle, I have three) for my Florida trip.
          They made a noticable difference. Can't wait to have another
          axle "calmed down".
          What's a good price?
          I got the first set for $163 total, sale price with 10% one time
          discount at Camping World.
          Anyone find a better price? What about straight from Centramatic?
        • Jim Clay
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 6, 2000
            Good price on the centramatics.Their ad in Nov. Family Motor Coaching says
            factory prices start as low as $173/set.
            Jim C