Re: woo hooo she runs!!!

  • sdl39@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 31, 2000
      GOOD GOIN' ROSE!
      Hurry up and go camping before it gets too cold!
      Changing the tranny fluid should help. Couldn't hurt. It might just
      be a bit sticky from sitting too long. My F-100 is like that every
      spring when I take it out of storage. There is a filter and/or a
      screen inside the transmission. I'm not sure if these can be cleaned
      with out taking the pan off the bottom of the unit. Probably not. The
      fluid should be a reddish-orange color.
      -Chris
    • Rose Waymire
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
        Whoops guess you did see my post :) My mechanic friend has a machine
        that will suck all the tranny fluid out of the system. We are going
        to replace it with synthetic fluid. He thinks it will make a big
        difference. Your probably right about the sitting to long thing. I'm
        sure a new filter will help also.

        Rose from Nebraska

        --- In classicrv@egroups.com, sdl39@h... wrote:
        > GOOD GOIN' ROSE!
        > Hurry up and go camping before it gets too cold!
        > Changing the tranny fluid should help. Couldn't hurt. It might just
        > be a bit sticky from sitting too long. My F-100 is like that every
        > spring when I take it out of storage. There is a filter and/or a
        > screen inside the transmission. I'm not sure if these can be
        cleaned
        > with out taking the pan off the bottom of the unit. Probably not.
        The
        > fluid should be a reddish-orange color.
        > -Chris
      • Kathy
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 6, 2000
          Congratulations Rose!!!!! I'm happy for you!!!

          I remember my "maiden voyage".... (after spending $800+ on
          all new belts hoses, oil change, new alternator, and a general
          "once over" by my mechanic, etc....) I drove to TN and the
          transmission slipped coming out of rest stop.... 5 hours from
          home and I thought I had major problems.. turns out I just
          didn't have her in gear real good!!! LOL
          Scared me some tho...

          Just a little reminder... if you let any automobile sit too
          long without cranking it, and giving it a "drive around town"
          you will have oil leaks and probably transmission leaks or
          slippage just because gaskets and seals dry out. I know the
          general rule of thumb that was discussed here in the past few
          weeks was "if your not going to drive it for 30 days... then..."
          but my dad (who was a great mechanic) always said "You have to
          drive them at least two or three times a month", (that's about any
          auto). However I know first hand how hard that is to do when
          your fixing one up....

          It's nice to hear that you got yours going finally!
          Kathy

          --- In classicrv@egroups.com, "Rose Waymire" <golden9856@n...> wrote:
          > Whoops guess you did see my post :) My mechanic friend has a
          machine
          > that will suck all the tranny fluid out of the system. We are going
          > to replace it with synthetic fluid. He thinks it will make a big
          > difference. Your probably right about the sitting to long thing. I'm
          > sure a new filter will help also.
          >
          > Rose from Nebraska
          >
          > --- In classicrv@egroups.com, sdl39@h... wrote:
          > > GOOD GOIN' ROSE!
          > > Hurry up and go camping before it gets too cold!
          > > Changing the tranny fluid should help. Couldn't hurt. It might
          just
          > > be a bit sticky from sitting too long. My F-100 is like that every
          > > spring when I take it out of storage. There is a filter and/or a
          > > screen inside the transmission. I'm not sure if these can be
          > cleaned
          > > with out taking the pan off the bottom of the unit. Probably not.
          > The
          > > fluid should be a reddish-orange color.
          > > -Chris
        • Rose Waymire
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 6, 2000
            --- In classicrv@egroups.com, "Kathy " <key-2@u...> wrote:
            > Congratulations Rose!!!!! I'm happy for you!!!

            Thanks Kathy! It ran when we brought it home but after all the gas
            tank stuff and gaskets, tune up, tires etc. etc. I was beginning to
            feel like it would never leave the driveway again. Just in time for
            the snow that we are getting tonight LOL. Oh well, there is always
            next year, God willing.

            Speaking of snow. JCWhitney has the best prices on polypropelene RV
            covers. I got one for $119.99 and free shipping. The same brand and
            size in Campers Choice (which is waaay lower in price than CW) is
            168.24 plus shipping. Just thought I would mention it in case any of
            you are shopping for one.

            Rose from Nebraska