Newbie

  • dallaschumly
    Message 1 of 55 , Mar 1, 2006
      Hi, this is Brian. I read through some of the posts, this looks like
      a place to get some suggestions. I am currently an unemployed
      programmer, getting to be the regular state of programmers these
      days. Since I am unemployed, I've been looking for ways to stretch
      the money, I need some immediate relief from $800/month rent.

      I've found a "fixer-upper" that I'm considering purchasing. I've not
      seen it yet, but am wondering what I'm getting myself into. First,
      what could you expect for $1,800? The ad did say it would be good
      for a deer-hunting lease. I talked to the guy once on the phone, and
      he said that the outsides look as though very new.

      But the one thing that I was really wondering about was the statement
      he made that there is not title, but he would give me a bill of
      sale. Some of the posts I read said not to put much money into
      anything until you get a title. How long will this take? Is it
      expensive? Will there be a problem finding a place to park it until
      said title is in my possession?

      My next best idea was to buy a tent, but my computers just wouldn't
      be safe in a tent, I might not be very safe in a tent :) And I do
      feel that a 5th wheel trailer would be better protection against the
      elements. I've spent a lot of time camping. I could do without the
      fully finished bathroom. I could make do with a hotplate for
      cooking. I have a sleeping bag that would suffice as a bed. While I
      am sure that with time, more creature comforts of home would be nice,
      but not essential to sustain life at present.

      Any ideas, thoughts, or concerns are welcome. Thanks Brian
    • Sirrobyn0
      Message 55 of 55 , Dec 13, 2010
        I have to agree with Jerry at least in my mind with the list it really doesn't matter, the is about people helping people. Though I am a member here and not a member of any other RV list because there tend to be more folks here with knowledge of the older rigs.

        Now for my "real life answer" As far as I'm concerned anything that was made using older or obsolete or yesterdays technology is classic. For example if a rig is Carbureted not fuel injected it is a vintage in my mind to at least some degree, if you furnace uses a pilot light as opposed to an electronic ignition system then your furnace might be vintage. If your still using a computer that runs windows 2000 it is vintage and I suppose by my definition an XP computer would be vintage to. This is just my general view right or wrong and it can be applied to almost anything. I don't know what the DMV here in Washington thinks but I believe it is 25 years to classic.

        Rob