Re: [classicrv] Re: chit chat about RV stuff

  • Sherri D
    Message 1 of 44 , Feb 2, 2006
      AAA has a limit of four calls per year too. It would cost the same as
      Allstate which is the same as FMCA. I will check out FMCA as well
      though, just to be sure it isn't better than Allstate. We get a 10%
      discount if we use Allstate as well. But with all prices being so
      close, I didn't care about that. I just wanted something that covers
      me, my husband, our car, our minivan, and our Class C. I don't want to
      have to go through what we went through the last time. (AAA, I-580 near
      Livermore, Friday afternoon, 45 miles from home.)
      We were offered no place to take it other than off the freeway. Seven
      hours later even after AAA paid, we still had $250 out of pocket. But
      that WAS cheaper than trying to get the camper to a place to fix it, and
      getting home with all our instruments and costumes. That was a Class B
      and was handled by a "normal" sized tow truck/carrier.
      thanks for the input though!
      Sherri

      Walt wrote:

      > Sherri - Here's my take on roadside servie providers: I have AAA
      > insurance
      > on two motor homes and a car. They were by far (in CA) the best deal
      > for me. Roadside service is another thing, however, and a different
      > category. Check out the limitations on the AAA service; for one
      > thing, if I remember correctly, they have a mileage limitation. I
      > checked the other services out and signed up for FMCA. Once you are
      > a member of FMCA, the roadside service costs $79 for the first year,
      > a little more after that.

    • JLN
      Message 44 of 44 , Feb 4, 2006
        > Back yard mechanics are a dime a dozen!

        So true.....
        But a good mechanic is worth his weight in gold :)

        Barb

        PeoplePC Online
        A better way to Internet
        http://www.peoplepc.com