Re: Xplorer vintage

  • aq433
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2006
      > Emmett, what you describe sounds much like the Discoverer motor home
      > made in the early 70's by Rectrans
      > check out this site
      > http://autos.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/discoverer25byrectrans/photos
      >
      > Jack

      Another link:

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-Rectrans-Discoverer-motorhome-RV-RARE-No-Reserve_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50057QQitemZ4597704857QQrdZ1

      There once was a horror flick featuring a pair of these painted all
      black, homicidally chasing some kids down in their vehicle.

      Steve
    • Jerry Noone
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
        I saw one here in Oregon a month or so back - it was sitting behind a fenced lot with a for sale sign - I recall seeing it there before - it was there at least 4 or 5 months - nect time i get down that way, I'll try to remember to see if it's still there and take a couple pics through the fence. Troubele is, they put it in a fenced area and you can't make out enough to tell if they even have a phone number on it.
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
          --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Lee" <jack.lee1@...> wrote:

          > Hi
          > Years ago (about 1975) I seen an Xplorer motorhome that looked
          more
          > like a space ship.
          > There was smaller B models but the one I remember was big with a
          very
          > slanted windshield and extra windows above that.
          > I did have an old camper book that had pictures but has been
          trowen
          > out.
          >
          > Does any one remember these motorhomes and have or know where
          there
          > are pictures or motorhome like this ??
          >
          > Thanks - Emmett
          >

          > _____
          >
          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >

          > _____
          >
          > Emmett, what you describe sounds much like the Discoverer motor
          home
          > made in the early 70's by Rectrans
          > check out this site

          > Jack

          YES!

          Thank you very much thats what I was looking for.
          All these years I thought it was Explorer
          Ive been searching the internet for pictures and couldnt find it.

          Thanks again and to the other fellows links.

          If it wasnt for you guys and the net I would have never found it.

          Thanks
          Take care - Emmett