Adding a door

  • krbmastr247
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2006
      Hi, everyone!

      For no logical reason, DW and I are both quite taken with older (early
      70s) Class A shorties that look (to us) like travel-trailers running
      away from home. We will probably end up in one. One issue we have
      both discussed is how so many of these only have one door.

      Anything hands can build, other hands can take apart and improve-on.
      We find one of these that charms our socks off and everything else is
      cool--I *will* perform the surgery and unless you know for certain
      they were never made that way you'll believe. I was a Navy Machinery
      Repairman and I'll make a door that fits right.

      But, as obvious as that seems to me, I have to believe it has been
      done a few times already. If you've been-there and done-that, what
      did you find as you made the new doorway & door? TIA. RKBA! Best
      regards. __Kurbmaster247
    • wayne jacoby
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2006
        --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "krbmastr247" <krbmastr247@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi, everyone!
        >
        > For no logical reason, DW and I are both quite taken with older
        (early
        > 70s) Class A shorties that look (to us) like travel-trailers
        running
        > away from home. We will probably end up in one. One issue we
        have
        > both discussed is how so many of these only have one door.
        >
        > Anything hands can build, other hands can take apart and improve-
        on.
        > We find one of these that charms our socks off and everything else
        is
        > cool--I *will* perform the surgery and unless you know for certain
        > they were never made that way you'll believe. I was a Navy
        Machinery
        > Repairman and I'll make a door that fits right.
        >
        > But, as obvious as that seems to me, I have to believe it has been
        > done a few times already. If you've been-there and done-that,
        what
        > did you find as you made the new doorway & door? TIA. RKBA!
        Best
        > regards. __Kurbmaster247

        Look around for a 1973-76 FMC, Side door and drivers door
        No cutting, already there!! wj