Coachmen Windshield Wipers

  • Ron Mitchell
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 29, 2005
      Has anyone ever serviced the windshield wiper system on a 70's
      Coachmen Class A? Mine are very sluggish and getting worse. I lubed
      the post where the arms attach, but I think I need to get at the
      motor and cross arm linkage. Do I really have to disassemble the
      whole dashboard to get at it? I don't have any service manuals for the coach.

      Ron
      76 Coachmen
    • Mike DiPaola
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 30, 2005
        rome truck in georgia is a supply source for windshield wiper parts

        Ron Mitchell <rmitchel@...> wrote: Has anyone ever serviced the windshield wiper system on a 70's
        Coachmen Class A? Mine are very sluggish and getting worse. I lubed
        the post where the arms attach, but I think I need to get at the
        motor and cross arm linkage. Do I really have to disassemble the
        whole dashboard to get at it? I don't have any service manuals for the coach.

        Ron
        76 Coachmen

        Camping Camping food Camping first aid kit Camping equipment Camping tents Camping gear

        ---------------------------------

      • dave1977titandodgem500chassis
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 30, 2005
          Ron,

          ON mine there is a panel at the back top of the dash by the windshield it is held on by ten screws in mine and goes all the way across the dash. I know you can access the defroster hoses by this panel. I have not taken mine off but by my instruction manual, it says this is how it is done. I tried looking up the wipers it showed them in same location. So I would think you could access them the same way.This is for a Champion 1977. It has the standard dodge dash offered in many of the RV's for that year.

          Dave<):)

          --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, Ron Mitchell <rmitchel@f...> wrote:

          > Has anyone ever serviced the windshield wiper system on a 70's
          > Coachmen Class A? Mine are very sluggish and getting worse. I lubed
          > the post where the arms attach, but I think I need to get at the
          > motor and cross arm linkage. Do I really have to disassemble the
          > whole dashboard to get at it? I don't have any service manuals for the coach.
          >
          > Ron
          > 76 Coachmen

        • Ron Mitchell
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 30, 2005
            Dave,
            Thank you. I'll check it out and report back.
            Ron

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 30, 2005
              Ron,
              Your Welcome, if you need more info let me know. I have the manual scanned and available if you need it.