Re: [classicrv] Those little propane bottles

  • Loul
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 5 7:54 AM
      Thanks Ron -
      It's on the way.

      lou howard
      77 Apollo
      =============================

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Ron Mitchell
      To: classicrv@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2005 10:24 PM
      Subject: Re: [classicrv] Those little propane bottles

      Lou,
      Jerry's right, much cheaper. I wouldn't be without one. You can get it
      mail-order or internet here:
      http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=45989

      I haven't seen them in any stores locally, but I could be mistaken.

      Ron
      76 Coachmen

    • Jerry Noone
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 5 5:27 PM
        Got mine at harbor Freight - here's the link to the item itself at their site.
        http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=45989

        Happy refilling - I actually have a number of the little ones filled at all times - a favorite park has a recycling container for tossing those little empty ones into - Mr. Ranger said to take all of them I wanted! Now I have a good supply and can just sit at home and refill them for the next trip. Works great for me.
        Jerry

        Loul <loul@...> wrote:
        Hi Jerry -

        Didn't know the little ones could be refilled. Where do you get the "refill devices"? Sounds like a winner.

        lou howard
        77 Apollo
        ===============================

        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 5 5:34 PM
          Jerry - this valve seems to be designed for the stand-alone tanks;
          have you been able to fill the small tanks from your RV tank? Now
          THAT would be great for me. Thanks... ...Walt

          --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Noone <rjerryc01@y...> wrote:
          > Got mine at harbor Freight - here's the link to the item itself at
          their site.
          > http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?
          itemnumber=45989

          > Happy refilling - I actually have a number of the little ones
          filled at all times - a favorite park has a recycling container for
          tossing those little empty ones into - Mr. Ranger said to take all
          of them I wanted! Now I have a good supply and can just sit at home
          and refill them for the next trip. Works great for me.
          > Jerry
          >
          > Loul <loul@c...> wrote:
          > Hi Jerry -
          >
          > Didn't know the little ones could be refilled. Where do you get
          the "refill devices"? Sounds like a winner.

          > lou howard
          > 77 Apollo
          > ===============================

          Service.

        • Jerry Noone
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 6 6:00 AM
            It is true that the fill device is designed for the stand-alone tank, like for your BBQ. I have never looked for one, but I'm sure there must be an adaptor/hose that could make it work for your system. You might check with your local propane dealer. Mostly, I think you'd just need an extension hose of some type to go from your tank to the fitting/bottle since the fill valve should be the same for your BBQ bottle as for your RV tank.
            Jerry

            Walt <walt_herd@...> wrote:
            Jerry - this valve seems to be designed for the stand-alone tanks;
            have you been able to fill the small tanks from your RV tank? Now
            THAT would be great for me. Thanks... ...Walt

            --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Noone <rjerryc01@y...> wrote:
            > Got mine at harbor Freight - here's the link to the item itself at
            their site.
            > http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?
            itemnumber=45989

            > Happy refilling - I actually have a number of the little ones
            filled at all times - a favorite park has a recycling container for
            tossing those little empty ones into - Mr. Ranger said to take all
            of them I wanted! Now I have a good supply and can just sit at home
            and refill them for the next trip. Works great for me.
            > Jerry
            >
            > Loul <loul@c...> wrote:
            > Hi Jerry -
            >
            > Didn't know the little ones could be refilled. Where do you get
            the "refill devices"? Sounds like a winner.

            > lou howard
            > 77 Apollo
            > ===============================

          • Ron Mitchell
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 6 6:29 AM
              Do be careful. The propane tank has a lot more pressure than the hose that
              goes from the regulator to the grill or burner. I've seen various fittings
              and hoses in Camper World, so you might look there to see if there's
              something that will work and find it locally.
              Another trick is to refrigerate the small bottle before you refill it. When
              the bottle is pressurized, it heats up (the opposite of cooling down when
              you're using it). Cooling the small bottle will offset some of the heat of
              re-pressurizing and allow a little more propane to get in before
              equilibrium pressure is reached. A friend says he freezes his, but I've
              never tried that.

            • Walt
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 6 12:53 PM
                Thanks for the input...

                --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, Ron Mitchell <rmitchel@f...> wrote:
                > Do be careful. The propane tank has a lot more pressure than the
                hose that
                > goes from the regulator to the grill or burner. I've seen various
                fittings
                > and hoses in Camper World, so you might look there to see if
                there's
                > something that will work and find it locally.
                > Another trick is to refrigerate the small bottle before you refill
                it. When
                > the bottle is pressurized, it heats up (the opposite of cooling
                down when
                > you're using it). Cooling the small bottle will offset some of the
                heat of
                > re-pressurizing and allow a little more propane to get in before
                > equilibrium pressure is reached. A friend says he freezes his, but
                I've
                > never tried that.
                >
                > At 09:00 AM 6/6/05, you wrote:
                > >It is true that the fill device is designed for the stand-alone
                tank, like
                > >for your BBQ. I have never looked for one, but I'm sure there
                must be an
                > >adaptor/hose that could make it work for your system. You might
                check with
                > >your local propane dealer. Mostly, I think you'd just need an
                extension
                > >hose of some type to go from your tank to the fitting/bottle
                since the
                > >fill valve should be the same for your BBQ bottle as for your RV
                tank.
                > >Jerry
                > >
                > >Walt <walt_herd@h...> wrote:
                > >Jerry - this valve seems to be designed for the stand-alone tanks;
                > >have you been able to fill the small tanks from your RV tank? Now
                > >THAT would be great for me. Thanks... ...Walt
                > >

                > >--- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Noone <rjerryc01@y...>
                wrote:
                > > > Got mine at harbor Freight - here's the link to the item
                itself at
                > >their site.
                > > >
                > > <http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?
                >http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?
                > >itemnumber=45989
                > > >
                > > > Happy refilling - I actually have a number of the little ones
                > >filled at all times - a favorite park has a recycling container
                for
                > >tossing those little empty ones into - Mr. Ranger said to take all
                > >of them I wanted! Now I have a good supply and can just sit at
                home
                > >and refill them for the next trip. Works great for me.
                > > > Jerry
                > > >
                > > > Loul <loul@c...> wrote:
                > > > Hi Jerry -
                > > >
                > > > Didn't know the little ones could be refilled. Where do you
                get
                > >the "refill devices"? Sounds like a winner.
                > > >
                > > > lou howard
                > > > 77 Apollo

                up/classicrv/

                > >Service.