Re: Striping paint

  • jeffreyharman1958
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 5, 2005
      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Noone <rjerryc01@y...> wrote:

      > Don't forget about the Krylon Fusion paint. Made for plastics but
      works better than most paint on other areas too. The painted on
      color stripes on my rig (painted on aluminum) had nearly disappeared
      so I decided to spray it with rattle cans - very small stripes and
      painted into molded aluminum - After 3 bad starts with various
      paints made for aluminum, I scrubbed them down again and shot them
      with Krylon Fusion. That was a couple years ago and they still look
      new. I am hoping to experiment with painting on the fiberglass parts
      this summer - the old decal type stripes are really becoming ugly!
      Anyway, I'll let y'all know how it works or if I go a different way
      for tat part.

      > Jerry

      Dear Jerry,
      Thanks for the tip on the Krylon fusion paint. I have an almost all
      aluminum Revcon motorhome (1977) that was originally a creme or
      beige color and was apparently painted white. The paint job was not
      very good and while cleaning the extererior some of the white flaked
      off leaving some of the original paint beneath. How do I strip the
      paint on the aluminum, what kind of primer or basecoat should I use,
      can I repaint with rattle cans or do I need to rent a spraybooth. I
      shudder to think of the cost of a professional paint job- would
      probably cost thousands$$$$-Jeff