water tank

  • byoch01
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27 3:35 PM
      okay, i bit the bullet and shp vaced the water out of the water
      tank. I noticed unhealthy chunks coming up the hose to the vac. when
      empty i pulled the outlet fitting, plugged solid with fish tank
      algae. i cut an access hole in the top of the tank, made a nice
      access plate from aluminum. inside it looked like kelp, after a
      major scrub with 50/50 bleach water mix, i cleaned it out again with
      the vacuum. i will let it dry out for a few months, then flush the
      whole system with water treatment chemicals.
      when it gets warmer, i'll go through evrything, lube, oil, grease
      the u joints, all that stuff that jiffy lube misses.
      next project is to replace the roof rack floor, the plywood has just
      died from old age. no big deal since i have to 'paint' the roof
      anyways.
      i let a lot slide after the heart attack, now i have the energy and
      ambition to 'git it done' as larry the cable guy would say.
      wonder if i should take 'how to do it pics', do many people do their
      own work anymore?
    • Roger Phillips
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 27 8:35 PM
        > i let a lot slide after the heart attack, now i have the energy and
        > ambition to 'git it done' as larry the cable guy would say.
        > wonder if i should take 'how to do it pics', do many people do their
        > own work anymore?

        Great to hear you're back up and about, and feeling energetic!! When can
        you start on mine??? :o)

        As for pics, a LOT of us still do it ourselves, and pics would be great!!

        Roger