classicRV

  • Kathy
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
      Hi all.... yep... Mom here... :-)

      ClassicRV member # 11 yes I was the 11th member several years
      ago and the original owner went full timing and Dad and I
      volunteered to take on the group... heck with 11 members
      we had 2 posts a week if we were lucky!!! What an EASY job!!

      ~yea, right! ~

      that was then and this is now... Officially we have more members
      than post (1536 last counted) and we get more every day!

      In the world of "internet groups" we've had our ups and downs
      but we have moved on...

      YES we are all about "CLASSIC RV'S" - keeping the SAFELY on the
      road.... but folks we ARE a rare breed!!! More and more "classics"
      are not accepted here and there... for many reasons...

      Classics are all about "LOVE" or "MONEY" yes, some of us would
      never buy a new one... others of us long for the day we can
      afford a new(er) one.

      But for now... those that are here, either LONG for a "good ole
      classic" or already have one for whatever reason.`

      Who cares who "doesn't" buy one...
      WE care who DOES!!

      Kathy AKA Mom
      2x classic owner and someday ~maybe~ I'll own one less
      than 10 years old... ~maybe~ but don't shoot me for it...
      I'll still always love my classics!
    • Jerry Noone
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
        Certainly there is a lot to be said for newer rigs - maybe more dependable when you set out on a journey - but not always so. Maybe more fancy stuff inside and out, maybe not.
        Personally, I love the classics because of affordability but particularly because I am the kind of guy who really enjoys doing the fix-ups (sadly, not the mechanical engine transmission stuff). I like to look at the classics and imagine what I can do with it to make it "mine". All the personal touches, alterations and upgrades give me a feeling of accomplishment. Recently, I decided to install a new toilet because the repairs to the old one were not worth the cost or the effort. Of course, when I ripped out the old one, I found dry rot so had to redo the whole floor. Well, some manufacturer determined that carpeting in the bathroom was "classy". Tore it all out, re-did with tile and set the new toilet. Trimmed everything in oak. I enjoyed that hands on job ALMOST as much as the wife's smile when she saw her new bath!
        If I paid a huge sum for a new coach, I'd be hard pressed to start changing and modifying anything, even it I really wanted the change. With a classic, I don't have that reservation.
        Just my ol' geezer take on the whole thing.
        Jerry
        '88 Holiday Rambler Imperial

        Kathy <key2pride@...> wrote:
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • dick
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
          With all the discussion on what to buy what not to buy the real
          question is: So why did anyone buy their current "classic RV"?

          To begin with it had to be available at the price the buyer was
          willing to pay when they were looking for one. Do we belive in fate?

          Next what made someone choose their certain RV over all the others
          that were being offered. Was it the layout or something else? The
          way it "felt"? The so called "kindered sprits"?

          Classic RV's are much like pets. Many things had to come together
          for us to end up with what we have. And we worry about them and
          pamper them as one would a pet. And as with pets there is no right
          or wrong pet. It all depend on the owners feel about it.

          dick