New here

  • jjooper
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 16, 2004
      and to RVing. Just bought a 78 Dodge Chinook at the end of June. We've
      had it out for three week long trips around Vancouver Island. We LOVE it.

      I've added a picture of it in the photos section.

      Don't have any problems with it yet to ask any advice on. Time will
      tell. We're planning on a six week trip to the West Coast of Mexico
      next February/March.

      Regards

      JJH
    • Rich
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 17, 2004
        JJ

        Perdy clean lookin rig for a '78 ! Must have been an "under cover"
        rig. And hopefully you got luckier yet in that is has the 360 :)

        RJ

        --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "jjooper" <sinetist@y...> wrote:
        > and to RVing. Just bought a 78 Dodge Chinook at the end of June.
        We've
        > had it out for three week long trips around Vancouver Island. We
        LOVE it.

        > I've added a picture of it in the photos section.
        >
        > Don't have any problems with it yet to ask any advice on. Time will
        > tell. We're planning on a six week trip to the West Coast of Mexico
        > next February/March.
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > JJH
      • jjooper
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 17, 2004
          Yes....it does have a 360 and a bonus also in that it has been
          converted to also run on propane if I want, though I can't go too far
          with the small propane tank meant primarily for the fridge, stove and
          furnace.

          It was kept undercover for many of its years by its first two owners,
          who also kept all maintenance records. It even came with the original
          Chinook manual. It only has 173,000 kms on it.

          Regards

          JJH

          --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "Rich" <RJgonfshin@s...> wrote:
          > JJ
          >
          > Perdy clean lookin rig for a '78 ! Must have been an "under cover"
          > rig. And hopefully you got luckier yet in that is has the 360 :)
          >
          > RJ
          >

          > --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "jjooper" <sinetist@y...> wrote:
          > > and to RVing. Just bought a 78 Dodge Chinook at the end of June.
          > We've
          > > had it out for three week long trips around Vancouver Island. We
          > LOVE it.
          > >
          > > I've added a picture of it in the photos section.
          > >
          > > Don't have any problems with it yet to ask any advice on. Time will
          > > tell. We're planning on a six week trip to the West Coast of Mexico
          > > next February/March.
          > >
          > > Regards
          > >
          > > JJH
        • RN Battersby
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 28, 2004
            Hi all, We are new to the group, but have beening RVing for many years. We
            live in BC, Canada. We just purchased a new-to-us 1993 29ft Layton Deluxe
            by Skyline 5th wheel. We are hoping that someone here can tell us more about
            this wonderful line. I have found their website, they have been making rvs
            for 52 years now and they are still in business today. I can also download a
            manual from this site. Does anyone here have a Skyline RV and what can you
            tell us about them? Thanks all,
            Nancy and Richard
          • kb5drl
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 27, 2013
              Hi all, lots o possibilities here, love the classics. Mine is not a
              classic yet, but, probably won't be long, lol. I'm retired, living
              full time in my 89 B250 extended Dodge. I've, over the past year or so
              , have replace all the undercarriage with new parts and am now
              considering what to do with the engine and tranny. I boondock mostly
              and am fixin to do some solar and some other mods as time and finances
              allow. cuzzin dick

            • rocky mayfield
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 27, 2013
                Hey Cuzzin  welcome......