Re: Request for Discussion - Updating appliances

  • Peter Crowl
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 3, 2004
      > That's if your lucky enough to have an oven. Friends just bought a
      newer Pace
      > Arrow and they had to pay to have an oven installed. We like to
      cook and the
      > mic/convections just don't cut it.
      >

      > Isn't it interesting how different people are. My wife and I lived
      for 18 months with just a micro/convection combo when we were
      remodeling our house. Made everything in it including Thanksgiving
      dinner. We're taking the original oven/cooktop out of our Ultra Van
      and replacing it with a micro/convection combo. We prefer to do our
      cook top work outside...but can use a campsite propane burner inside
      if weather is bad as we have a vent fan for the original 3 burner.
      With the cook top out we have so much more counter space for prep
      etc.. But then we're not full timers..just weekenders.

      Peter
    • Gayle
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 3, 2004
        The group I camp with is really into cooking a lot. We use all 4 ovens both for
        roasting and baking. Just never did like anything baked in the Mic/convection.
        I do like my propane convection in the house. I have used convection ovens for
        decades in restaurants. My cook top in the MH is 4 burner with the oven over
        top. Great combination and is what my friend had put in the Pace Arrow. We do
        have .5 cu ft mic, smallest we could get, but just for reheating tea and
        cooking popcorn. We NEVER cook outside......so your right folks are different