"wise olde kid"

  • bob
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2004
      From: GO4415@...
      > Subject: Re: For Old Guye Bob from the kid
      >
      > My....you made me laugh..........Thanks for the
      > support. Hey, I think I'm pretty brave to be out
      > there doing this on my own.....and still going.

      bbbbbbbbb [bobdifalco] absolutely, you very brave,,,,
      not because
      you a woman,
      but because you tote so many dogs and gkids

      > My RV insurance with Progressive has roadside
      > assistance. The idiot

      bbbbbbbb i gave incorrect tele for info when
      i said '900' should be '800' - 800-555-1212;;;
      tele good same emerg road serv, and tell them
      to start yours a week before your progresso
      dies,,,, or if me i would bite the progresso
      and start today with GS-ERS, peace of mind
      is always worth a few extra bucks, mark
      progresso up to 'experience'

      > As for the dog shows.....there are no hookups for
      > anything.

      bbbbbbbbb is the show on the north pole???? no???
      probably in a building and or a building near by;;;

      scout the area, if a storage shed near show shed
      then see if has a 110v outlet, if yes then park
      close to the outlet, run your extension cord from
      outlet to your rig,,,,,

      show folks are not gypos
      and are not inhospitable,,,,

      thus i doubt anyone
      of the operators would mind you using their juice,
      or you can ask, but if ask they can always say 'no';;

      if no shed outlet, then there must be a home or
      barracks or garage or show shed,,, any ought have
      110v outlet [this is same as your home juice,
      same outlet box, etc, so all ya gotta do is
      have an extension cord, if you can not figure this
      out, have your gkids hold a democratic meeting
      where majority vote rules and figure out how
      to get you 110v to rig, plus where the water
      taps are so you can hook to that too,,,,,

      given
      they are dealing with mulitudes of dogs, they
      gotta have some way of disposing of dog stuff,,
      before you leave show grounds, find their sewer
      or the like, park rig so your dump outlet is
      where it will dump into their sewer, etc, open
      valve, dump... no biggie

      You bring your own power, water and hope
      > it lasts.

      bbbbbbb see above

      refrigerator will run on gas for about 3 weeks
      ...So the generator
      > is an absolute necessity.

      bbbbbbb whatever,,, a gen is nice if you use it,
      cheap too

      > I like the rig. ... Want to replace the carpet (why?
      would anyone put light beige carpet in an RV?)

      bbbbb the biggie quest is why would anyone put
      any carpet anywhere in a rig????? we ripped ours out,
      and put bandaide 1-ft linoleume squares down,,,, our
      subfloor was crappo, so first laid plywood, 1/4",
      junko, and so would 'float', then put tiles onto
      it;;;;; with dogs and people, carpets in a coach
      are a breeding ground for all sorts of undesireables,
      so esp
      if you gonna freight dogs, give some thought to
      hard [linoleum, linoleum tile or hard wood floor]
      [in our 35' travel trailer we are
      gonna rip out rug and put hardwood floors down]

      -Would love
      > to recover the front seats;

      bbbbb even sears cat has them, "ready-fit,
      not expensive: made to size of your seat, pour
      cover over seat, zip up cover, and looks like
      was original

      empty the black and gray water and fill
      > the gas tank (see, I'm learning).

      bbbbbb make daughter in charge of all of this:
      will make her feel she is paying for use of
      your rig

      > So........now I search for the replacement for the
      > 15' awning (was hoping it was shorter,

      bbbbbbbbb you do not have to put same size on;;;;
      even sail can be shorter on same hardware,,,,
      and if gonna buy new
      then figure out exactly where you want it, measure
      that distance and buy one that size.

      but I
      > measured last night) and will investigate your
      > suggestion for Camping World (already have their
      > catalogue).

      bbbbb cat wont show sales, which change almost
      day to day,,,, thus tele around until you get
      what wanted, but if shorter will do, then ask
      for that size, if on sale buy it on spot, can
      turn it back if no liked

      Any opinion on vinyl vs. acrylic. Of
      > course the acrylic people say theirs is better....:)

      bbbbbb i like cloth best

      > Last decision will be if I just replace the fabric
      > and not the hardware - if it doesn't appear to be
      > broken do you fix it anyway?

      bbbbb yes, be sure to mention this to campworld,
      they might have exactly what you want on sale or not

      > Last.......what is considered "normal" engine
      > maintenance?

      bbbbb your daught ought be able to dig up
      a backyard mechanic to do all of this for you,

      if not, make her guy do it,,,,

      since your
      belts bit the dust, soooo toooo perhaps your
      radiator hoses are ready to be replaced.

      learn how to check air pressure all tires,
      then check when cold [first thing in morning],
      read label on tire as to what is max cold pressure
      and when cold keep at that number, no biggie;;;

      similarly, before starting engine, check engine oil
      and radiator fluid,,,, but, but but but, you
      better off finding a good backyard mech, who
      is fair and good priced, and work with him,
      make him teach you what you need to know for
      checkups and if breakdown on road.

      The belts have all been replaced. Oil
      > changes should be how many miles? I do my cars at
      > 3000 miles faithfully

      bbb then do same with r.v., so is an easy habit

      (And I think it's a Chevy
      > engine, not a Ford........)

      bbbb lucky you, chev is top of line, best, and
      for sure will last forever, but, as with all
      engines, you gotta sweet talk them "i sure like
      you," "wanna keep you as is forever,"
      " hhhhhhhmmmmm m mmmmm "
      --- "[ugga ugga]"

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • Roger Phillips
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2004

        > > I like the rig. ... Want to replace the carpet (why?
        >would anyone put light beige carpet in an RV?)
        >
        >bbbbb the biggie quest is why would anyone put
        >any carpet anywhere in a rig????? we ripped ours out,
        >and put bandaide 1-ft linoleume squares down,,,, our
        >subfloor was crappo, so first laid plywood, 1/4",
        >junko, and so would 'float', then put tiles onto
        >it;;;;; with dogs and people, carpets in a coach
        >are a breeding ground for all sorts of undesireables,
        >so esp
        >if you gonna freight dogs, give some thought to
        >hard [linoleum, linoleum tile or hard wood floor]
        >[in our 35' travel trailer we are
        >gonna rip out rug and put hardwood floors down]

        The added advantage to this, is whenever you hit the brakes, you get to see
        the dogs go from the back of the coach, to the front, sliding on their
        toenails!

        :o)

      • Gayle
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 30, 2004
          "dogs go from the back of the coach, to the front, sliding on their
          toenails!"
          GGGGG Exactly what I had imagined or there kennels sliding back and forth.
          Great calming effect for pre show. Someone I know put that snap together plank
          wood floor in and has hated it for 3 years. Every thing that is dropped,
          including water, marks the floor so badly that you have to get out the cleaner
          and clean right away the water spots are the worst. Ours had the lovely yellow,
          orange gold and white shag replaced with a vinyl flooring (found the old stuff
          under the kitchen cabinets). It works great is easy to clean, and there is a
          bit of grip for Hanna in the pattern. As the cat rarely uses the floor, she is
          the princess after all, its fine for her too. We did retain the white, orange
          and gold bathroom vinyl though.