Re: [classicrv] Newbie with 1975 Cruise Aire

  • kay tucker
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2004
      Hi Deb,

      We just bought a 1973 Superior and we love it. We also have some things we need to change. The original seats for the dinette were taken out and in it place an electric fold down set was put in. We are looking for those seats now. The Superior Motor Home (Class A) was made very well. We did a lot of research about this motor home. I am really looking forward to restoring a little of the past. Good luck in your restoration.

      Kay

      debclements3 <debclements@...> wrote:
      Hi all-
      We just bought a "vintage" motorhome yesterday! The Dodge 440
      engine is strong and the interior is very clean and well kept. Of
      course, it is decorated in red and I will change everything to some
      soft neutral colors! LOL We also need to find a driver and
      passenger seat - it has both, but they don't match and are in need
      of replacement.

      The storage is incredible in this thing! Everything is in good
      working order.Has a fairly new awning, hitch, bike rack and one of
      those grass skirt looking things on the back. We paid $3,700. (I
      hope I can say that here...) Of course, it's a moot point
      now....but was that a fair price? LOL

      Really shows how green we are to go buy it and then run around and
      ask if it was too much! We did do quite a bit of research and
      looked at later models, but didn't want the debt load for 10-15
      years.

      So...is anybody familiar with this model or have any sage wisdom for
      a couple of newbies?

      Apologize for my first post being so long-winded.

      Deb
      NE Indiana