Re: Should we buy a New or Used travel trailer?

  • d22a1v25
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 7, 2004
      We have looked at E-Bay but we don't want to go that route because of
      a variety of reasons. If you're not close enough to check it out, is
      it worth a drive to see it? We checked our area and only three or
      four travel trailers were available, and nothing that would fit our
      needs. We've also checked newspapers in the area and the ones that
      are selling are not ones that we like. It seems that the ones we
      want, people aren't giving up!

      Just yesterday was the first time we've come across a used one that
      we really liked, but for $3,000 more there was a brand new one that
      was closer to some of our dreams. Which to buy???? The used one had
      the kitchen I'd love but a set of bunk beds that weren't very
      accessible. The new one had a kitchen that I didn't exactly like but
      it had four bunk beds in the rear that were collapsable and the space
      was perfect for my sewing, my husband's digital piano, or our
      computer desk, and then some!

      I guess it might turn into a personal decision, do I sacrifice the
      kitchen or the other areas? Many dealers tell us that people don't
      do all that much cooking indoors when they fulltime. However, if
      it's 30 degrees outside, do you really cook on your grill?

      Thanks for the suggestion. We keep checking E-Bay from time to time,
      but we're not putting our hopes there.

      Heather

      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, jon lechich <jipjob@y...> wrote:
      > I would check out E-Bay auctions for travel trailers, their are
      some good buys on thier. And yes I would buy used, why pay top dollar
      and lose a 1000 or more when you leave the lot. Check out E-Bay and
      you might be surprised at what you might find. Jon
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 7, 2004
        --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "d22a1v25" <d22a1v25@y...> wrote:
        > We have looked at E-Bay but we don't want to go that route because

        Have you looked at other web sites listings?

        I found my 83 Champion at http://rvs-r-us.chooseyouritem.com/

        I bought it site unseen (a little risky) based on the photos and
        analysis from kelly blue book.
      • d22a1v25
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 7, 2004
          How did it turn out? When did you buy it and do you like it? If so,
          do you consider yourself lucky or do you think it would happen again?

          I'll check out that site and see what I can find.

          Thanks
          Heather

          > Have you looked at other web sites listings?
          >
          > I found my 83 Champion at http://rvs-r-us.chooseyouritem.com/
          >
          > I bought it site unseen (a little risky) based on the photos and
          > analysis from kelly blue book.
        • Philip Saran
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 7, 2004
            --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "d22a1v25" <d22a1v25@y...> wrote:
            > How did it turn out? When did you buy it and do you like it?
            If so, do you consider yourself lucky or do you think it would
            happen again?>

            I would and did buy used. As stated before why loose all that
            value right after towing it off the lot?

            I bought a 1979 Komfort 22 ft because it had the front goucho's
            with kitchen in the middle and full bath in the rear that I
            wanted.

            I don't get to use mine as much as I would like, so I don't
            feel too back when it has to stay in the storage yard. I'm NOT
            making payments.

            Phil Saran
            1979 Komfort TT
            2000 Dodge Dakota 4x4