Re: [classicrv] Re: Towing

  • Jaab
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 26, 2003
      Thanks Jack. Good to know.
      I will definately have trailer brakes (surge) and it will be mostly
      highway runs, so it should be an easy run. Besides, my Dart is pretty
      light! :)

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 8, 2004
        Yes, in most cases you need to disconnect/remove the driveshaft
        (protecting "orifices" from dirt/dust and not losing the bolts/nuts
        of course) and then put it back in when you get where you're going.

        John D.

        --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "Duane" <deschwar@h...> wrote:
        > Sorry, but all manual transmission cars may not be towed. Chev
        for
        > one.
        >

        > --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, Jack Rabon <rabonj@b...> wrote:
        > > Hi Earl,
        > >
        > > Most all manual transmission cars can be towed without any
        mods.
        > Automatic
      • Jack Rabon

        • debclements@mchsi.com
          Message 4 of 8 , May 19 4:07 AM
            We have decided to tow with our MH and the next step is to purchase the proper
            tow bar/dolly, etc.

            We will be towing a 1996 Buick Regal for the time being (no $ to buy anything
            smaller at this point) :-(.

            Any suggestions on the type of tow equipment that would be best? I welcome
            all opinions.

            Thanks!
            Deb
            NE Indiana
          • U S Towing
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 18, 2010
              Dont EVER trust the ign lock to keep the steering wheel straight. They can brake or jump. If you don't want to buy a restraint for the stearing wheel use the seat belt.
              GEORGE!!