Re: Conversion from gas engine to a Chevy 6.2 Diesel?

  • cspip
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2004
      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "rocketradio2002" <gelatinous@j...>
      wrote:
      > A person I know has been knocking around an idea of converting his
      > American Clipper motorhome to a Chevy 6.2 diesel. Apparently this
      is
      > a cheap diesel to obtain parts for and would probably do well in a
      > conversion. Has anybody done anything like this? Pitfalls?
      >
      > George

      I own an '82 winnebago that came with the 6.2 diesel. These engines
      have a bad rep but will do ok if maintained properly and not abused.
      however, if I were to convert a gasser to diesel I would use a
      Cummins 5.9. They are much superior to the old 6.2's and can be
      found fairly cheaply out of wrecked Dodge pickups. Better mileage
      than a 6.2, more power, and better longevity.