Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [classicrv] Propane Danger!!!

Expand Messages
  • Philip Piper
    ... The rubber hose that is connected to the male fitting that connects to the propane bottles had blowen off and propane was spewing everywhere. Joyce Joice,
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2000
    • 0 Attachment
      ----Original Message Follows----
      The rubber hose that is connected to the male fitting that connects to the
      propane bottles had blowen off and propane was spewing everywhere.
      Joyce

      Joice,
      The propane bottle has a regulator on top which should control the pressure
      at the hose and beyond to only a couple of ounces. Sounds like the regulator
      malfunctioned and allowed the full pressure of the gas to get to the hose
      which it can't handle.
      I would replace the regulator and hose with new units.
      Phil Piper

      _________________________________________________________________________
      Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

      Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at
      http://profiles.msn.com
    • Philip Piper
      ... The rubber hose that is connected to the male fitting that connects to the propane bottles had blowen off and propane was spewing everywhere. Joyce Joyce,
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2000
      • 0 Attachment
        ----Original Message Follows----
        The rubber hose that is connected to the male fitting that connects to the
        propane bottles had blowen off and propane was spewing everywhere.
        Joyce

        Joyce,
        Sorry about the misspelled name.
        I would replace the regulator and hose with new units.
        Phil Piper

        _________________________________________________________________________
        Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

        Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at
        http://profiles.msn.com
      • JIM ROGERS
        You may not have found anything wrong in a inspection as propane is Farley high pressure and any fitting could be bad but you can check hose line by
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5, 2000
        • 0 Attachment
          You may not have found anything wrong in a inspection as propane is Farley high pressure and any fitting could be bad > but you can check hose line by looking for weather checking (cracking or other sign of wear) if found replace when not in use cover lines rubber will be
          aged by UV just like tires Also for added safety shut down all gas at tank when done using for the day hot water tank will hold temp over night and will only take a short wile to get back up after restarted
          >>> TashiaSue@... 09/05/00 12:26PM >>>

          Hi Gang! Just wanted to check in with you. I've been offline for a
          week. I had something happen in my RV that I'd like to share with you
          guys. Maybe this has already been discussed and I missed it but if it
          hasn't it needs to be passed along for newbies like me.

          I had people staying in my RV last week.( my house is only 2 bedroom
          and really small so had to put them out there.) One night they came
          rushing in wanting to know where to shut off my propane. They told me
          that they were sleeping and heard this loud boom like a gun shot and
          then they smelled porpane really strong and could hear a hissing
          noise. Well lucky for them and me I had the propane only going to the
          cooking stove. I hadn't lit the hot water heater. They quickly got
          out of the RV and inspected the propane bottles. The rubber hose that
          is connected to the male fitting that connects to the propane bottles
          had blowen off and propane was spewing everywhere. This scared the
          H___ out of me!!! I could have blowen up my daughter and grandkids!!
          Isn't there some kind of safety thing to put on the propane bottles
          so this kind of thing doesn't happen. Are we to inspeck things like
          this every year and if so what signs do you look for? What other
          things should a newbie be told to look for to keep safe? My gosh what
          would have happened if the hot water heater would have been lit?

          Joyce


          To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
          classicrv-unsubscribe@egroups.com
        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.