Re: Leak

  • Kathy
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5 10:04 AM
      Scot,

      There are places on your TV antenna base that do need to be sealed.
      When you crawl up there you will see a round base, may 8 inches in
      diameter that is screwed on to your roof, probably with 8 to 10
      screws. Make sure there is sealant on all the screws and around
      the edge of the base where it ends and the roof starts.

      The turn mechanism is a manufactured sealed unit that goes thru
      the base and it ~shouldn't~ be the cause of your leak, but if it is,
      you may need a new unit, but before I replaced it I'd just reseal
      the base real good and see if that solves the problem.

      Also, where the TV antenna wire comes thru the roof could be where
      your leak is. The newer antenna's have a hole in same base that
      cable runs thru and since the cable is smaller than the hole
      (except for the cable ends, they are the size of the hole)
      there is a rubber boot that holds the cable in place and
      covers the hole well. The rubber boot could be off or cracked.
      The older antenna's run the wire thru a different hole in the
      roof, and you may just need to reseal around it real well too.

      Anyway... climb up there and tell me what you see...
      maybe I can help further as I re-sealed my whole roof and then
      afterwards went back and changed out the antenna... (got tired
      of the old one not working well!!)

      hope this helps,
      Kathy

      --- In classicrv@egroups.com, "Scot Jacobson" <barview@u...> wrote:
      > Just got back from a wonderful seven day camp out along the
      Columbia