New Member

  • leannabseven
    Message 1 of 139 , Sep 3, 2003
      Hello everyone! I have been following this group for quite some time
      (along with my "significant other", Mark (aka barthing_along). We
      own a 1973 Barth 25L Class A. I believe there may be a couple
      photos on file here of the exterior, but we need to update to add
      work done inside the coach.

      Because this seems to be a perfect forum for discussions about the
      technical aspects of RV'ing, I have been content to simply read the
      posts. However, I have some non-technical questions so I thought
      I'd just pop right in here and post 'em.

      First, I wonder how many members of this forum are "full-timers"?
      And of those who are not full-timers, what percentage of the year is
      spent traveling in your classic RV?

      The reason for this question is that Mark and I are going to become
      full-timers next year (come hell or high water!!) and I have been
      surfing some of the homepages of full-timers on the web. I haven't
      found one single website for people living full time in a classic
      RV! Please, if any of you know of homepages like this, then post a
      link!

      Secondly, is this also a forum for discussions concerning the
      redesign, redecoration, etc of RV interiors? Mark truly enjoys the
      mechanical and technical discussions we find on this site, but to be
      honest, some of it goes right over my head!! :-/ But when it comes
      to ways to redesign a dashboard, kitchen or bathroom to be more user
      friendly, or finding ways to build in extra storage, I am all
      ears!! If this isn't the place for that type discussion, I'd be
      happy to hear of any existing forums anyone might know of for them.

      I'd love to be able to share information and get to know some of the
      women who are RV'ers whether it's full-timer or not. I have yet to
      find a forum for women RV'ers except those for women who travel
      without a male partner.

      If this forum is for the more technical aspects of classic RV,
      (which is a wonderful thing to have) perhaps there are enough of you
      with partners that might be interested in starting a forum of our
      own? A place for a little "girl-talk"....*grin*

      Sincerely,
      LeAnna
    • chaoscentral
      Message 139 of 139 , Jan 10, 2011
        Hi Cindy and Everyone that responded to the "New Member/Unsubscribe" thread, asking for input on painting the interior wood paneling,

        Thank you all so very much for your responses! Sorry for the delay in responding - we had company over the weekend, and I am just now sitting down to my computer.

        I appreciate all of the links and website/group recommendations. Looking forward to checking them out!

        I'm going to try painting the bedroom area first, see how that goes. Hopefully, if I do a thorough job on the prep work and use a good quality primer, the paint will hold up. The storage lot where the camper is kept when it's not in use is out in the blazing sun - I was concerned the paint would crack and peel from the heat. Good to know that others have had success with it.

        Wishing each of you a great week ahead, and happy camping!
        Hoot