Re: [classicrv] Transmission Coolers

  • Frogmobile
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2003
      I didn't take the time to go to the JCW site and look it up, but I am
      somewhat familiar with the general type of cooler.

      They come in a couple of different variations. Some will have the 16 (or
      whatever) tubes zigzag through a single thickness of cooler, and others
      will stack them so that you have, say, 8 tubes on one level and 8 on the
      other. The advantage to the second type is that it makes a smaller
      package. I don't know whether there is any significant thermal difference
      between the two designs, though. There are also varieties that include a
      smaller capacity for cooling transmission fluid, trading off for some oil
      cooling ability.

      I suggest getting the measurements of the cooler you plan on buying, then
      mocking it up in cardboard to decide where you want to install it. Be sure
      you are able to keep the cooler and the lines away from the exhaust or
      other hot areas.

      Jay