1973 22ft Superior

  • daps12000
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2003
      Hi all. Just signed up for this forum. Seems to be a wealth of
      knowledge here. I recently purchase a 1973 Superior and have been
      trying to get all the info I can about it. The motorhome is in great
      condition, all original. So far I have replaced the radiator (small
      leaks but no overheating), tires, and a tune up. It is at the
      muffler shop right now getting new exhaust manifolds installed. I
      noticed a post #1669 where it is stated that there is Superior
      motorhome club. I cannot find this info in the database as
      instructed. Can someone please help me with any sources of parts
      specifically for this motorhome and the link to this club? Thank you
      in advance. I am just learning this RV business but if I can help
      anyone please feel free to ask.
    • Eric
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 31, 2003
        Mopar drivetrain? Does this Superior look like the Starcraft ??

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2003
          I am not sure what a starcraft looks like. it has the round window
          in the door and lots of glass all around the unit.

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1, 2003
            Yes it has a 413RB motor, 727 Tranny, Dually rear with 4:88 gears. I
            don,t see my replies in the forum so I hope I am responding
            correctly. I am not sure what the starcraft looks like. Mine has a
            round window in the door and tons of glass all around the unit.

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 1, 2003
              Are you sure that it has a 4.88 gear? that is a pretty rare gear for
              a 22 foot chassis. AND the replies sometimes are delayed on the
              posting time.

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 1, 2003
                The tag on the rear diff as well as the chassis plate both say 4:88.
                I assume that this is factory original equipment. This motorhome has
                several things in it that according to the owners manual should
                really be in the 25 Superiors. Maybe the previous owner ordered it
                this way? If you get out on the highway the coach likes to cruise at
                about 60MPH. This also fits with the 4:88 gears. I would like it to
                cruise a little faster but then I ask myself "why are you in a
                hurry?" Then I remember this is supposed to be my enjoyment it does
                no good if you arrive to the destination dead. I got it back from
                the exhaust shop yesterday and oh boy what a difference. Quiter,
                more power and pick-up, and no more foul exhaust odors. Yes I saw
                after I posted again that it was there I guess I need to be more
                patient before posting agian. Sorry for the double post.