RE: [classicrv] Re: Bike Racks

  • Chappell, Joel B
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1, 2003
      Certainly!

      Don't you remember Dudley Doright of the RCMP? He was a prime character on
      the "Bullwinkle & Rocky" cartoon show. Hmmmm, maybe you're not old enough to
      remember... I used to watch it with my kids all the time.

      Joel in NH

    • mikex536
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1, 2003
        Joel....yes...I do remember him (I'm 58) I even remember Nelle and
        Snidely Whiplash! I just hoped you were not "slighting" the RCMP.
        Mike,

        > Don't you remember Dudley Doright of the RCMP? He was a prime
        character on
        > the "Bullwinkle & Rocky" cartoon show. Hmmmm, maybe you're not old
        enough to
        > remember... I used to watch it with my kids all the time.
        >
        > Joel in NH

      • dick
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 1, 2003
          I remember, and I just gave my age away. My grand daughter is into
          Westerns. That his how I explained the men with the black has with
          the crease on top.

          dick

          > Certainly!
          >
          > Don't you remember Dudley Doright of the RCMP? He was a prime
          character on
          > the "Bullwinkle & Rocky" cartoon show. Hmmmm, maybe you're not old
          enough to
          > remember... I used to watch it with my kids all the time.
          >
          > Joel in NH

        • Chappell, Joel B
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 2, 2003
            Heavens no, just that was the first name that popped into my head when I saw
            the RCMP initials.:>)

            Wish they would run those cartoons more often. Wonder who owns the
            syndication on them? They were a lot funnier than the stuff that's around
            today. My grandkids are up to their ears in Pokemon and there's no humor in
            that!

            We better kill this thread as we are not talking about fan belts and headers
            and leaking water tanks :>)

            Joel in NH

          • septicman1
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 4, 2003
              I was actually asking if anyone had been hasseled with a bike rack on
              front of a pickup[interesting turn on the thread]How much has to
              stick up above the hood before its blocking vision.Would they pull me
              over just for that?There's two bikes on a rack on the spare tire on
              the front bumper, anyone?--- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "Chappell,
              Joel B" <joel.b.chappell@b...> wrote:
              > Heavens no, just that was the first name that popped into my head
              when I saw
              > the RCMP initials.:>)
              >
              > Wish they would run those cartoons more often. Wonder who owns the
              > syndication on them? They were a lot funnier than the stuff that's
              around
              > today. My grandkids are up to their ears in Pokemon and there's no
              humor in
              > that!
              >
              > We better kill this thread as we are not talking about fan belts
              and headers
              > and leaking water tanks :>)
              >
              > Joel in NH

              Service
              > > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
            • nbedinger
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 4, 2003
                It might have to do with your license plate as much as your bike rack. What
                I mean is, the RCMP is on the job, fer sure, but they don't want to make
                vacationers and tourists feel unwelcome by hassling them for mickey-mouse
                sort of legalities.

                How high is your rack anyway? Does it obstruct your line of sight to the
                road??

                If it helps any (if you hadn't thought of this alternative), let me remind
                you that bikes are not much of a hassle to take apart and set up again. I
                can fit my mountain bike on the rear beer carrier of my motorcycle (it gets
                smaller than a truck's spare tire) by taking off the wheels and seat, and
                then lashing everything together with a couple of bungees and tying the
                chain up with a twist tie. Turn the handlebar/fork flush and secure it so
                it doesn't flap around. It takes only about 5 minutes to reassemble and
                adjust everything when I get to the trail. Quick release seat and wheels
                make this possible. Test your brakes before heading off on the
                reconstructed bike.

                BTW Joel, that's Dudley *Doo*right. You're probably thinking of that
                Flying Burrito song "If you want a do-right woman, you gotta be a do-right
                man."

                I saw a 3D-looking cartoon on the tube last night that was pretty
                funny--Sitting Ducks. It was a Duck ("Bill") that had a best friend "Aldo"
                who (improbably) is an Alligator. Funny, I thought, but still not so funny
                that people go around quoting it. I have been saying "Nya ah ah" since the
                Bullwinkle show first ran on Saturday. 8}>

                --Ned

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 4, 2003
                  Thanks thats just the info I was lloking for I may just take them
                  apart [If I get hassled] and carry on.--- In