Re: [classicrv] 1978 Itasca 1DF23RG

  • Frogmobile
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2003
      At 02:32 AM 7/1/03 +0000, you wrote:
      >New to group. Just bought the 78. Have a light problem.
      >
      >Headlights, front turn signals and running lights all work.
      >
      >Rear lights (tail, turn, stop, backup) do not work. Any ideas on
      >where to start?

      Could be a bad ground, dirty contacts, or bad bulbs, for starters. Also,
      the wiring may have worn through or disconnected.

      Does the unit have a wiring harness for trailer lights, and if so, are the
      wires in the trailer harness getting power when they are supposed to?

      >Wiper motor works only on high speed. Low speed causes
      >a "click"...sounds like a breaker...must reset itself. Where to go
      >for a wiper motor?

      You might try disconnecting the harness wherever there's a connection,
      thoroughly cleaning it, and reconnecting.

      Jay
    • onamialive
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 10, 2003
        Well...here is what I found...
        The wiring harness had corroded away at the butt connectors about
        3/4 of the distance from the front of the chassis. So...I got a
        lenght of trailer wire (4 wire) and patched it in...lights are
        working again. At least most of them. Hazards work, tail-lights
        work, but only the left brake light works.

        Haven't dug in to the wiper motor yet. Thanks for the responses...I
        appreciate it.

        Going out on the maiden voyage this weekend.
        --al--