EFI

  • ursamajor27
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2003
      I was visiting my local VFW watering hole and the subject of RV's and
      Motor homes came up. Another geezer has the same year and model
      Winnie that I have and he claims to have converted his carburator to
      EFI. He has not been on any long trip since doing so however he
      swears to have more oomph (power). Anybody out there with similar
      experience or knowledge of similar conversion. I would appreciate
      hearing all pros and cons. Personally I have my doubts about fuel
      injection and older big engines.
    • Frogmobile
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 2003
        There are several companies offering conversions, including Holley.

        http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/FMS/FMSFI/FMSFI.html

        Sorry, no first-hand experiences.

        At 05:13 AM 5/7/03 +0000, you wrote:
        >I was visiting my local VFW watering hole and the subject of RV's and
        >Motor homes came up. Another geezer has the same year and model
        >Winnie that I have and he claims to have converted his carburator to
        >EFI. He has not been on any long trip since doing so however he
        >swears to have more oomph (power). Anybody out there with similar
        >experience or knowledge of similar conversion. I would appreciate
        >hearing all pros and cons. Personally I have my doubts about fuel
        >injection and older big engines.

      • Ken Martin
        Message 3 of 3 , May 8, 2003
          Fuel Injection is definitely better than carbs but the cost is around
          $2500 or so to convert. There are two types, the throttle body type
          and the type where you have individual injectors for each cylinder.
          The individual injectors make delivery of fuel to each cylinder
          equal. Carburators and even the throttle body injectors will tend to
          have some cylinders richer than others. If you got the bucks, I
          would go with the individual injector type. However, a good
          aftermarket carb/intake properly tuned can run great too!
          Ken