Re: [classicrv] Do it cherselfers: how to get coach onto jackstands?

  • nb
    Message 1 of 14 , May 1, 2003
      Yep, for tie rod ends, counting the threads is all I figured on doing-- I
      just hope to get the new parts installed correctly myself, and leave the
      fine tuning with jigs and shims to the paid professionals.

      I agree with you, Richard--I appreciate the convenience and peace of mind
      that comes with having an experienced, qualified technician do the work, but
      my general rule (when I don't have anything else to do) is to look at the
      bottom line, and weigh the risks against whether it looks like I will learn
      something useful that might come in handy later, in this case like learning
      how to spot these problems before I negotiate a price and buy the vehicle.
      (Suspension/steering linkages are unplowed ground for me).

      Ned "time is projects"
      1984 Winnebago Chieftain