Driveshaft?

  • raas32
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 7 5:53 PM
      Anyone know where I can get a driveshaft for a 79 m-400 Dodge chassis?

      Thanks
      Bob
    • Tuna
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 7 6:21 PM
        got mine at 'Driveline and Gear' in sparks, nv... do a websearch in your area for 'driveline'. i brought the rv in, and they swapped it out with a reconditioned one in about two and a half hours.

        tuna
        reno, nv
        '79 ('81) Dodge 'Champion'

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 7 7:33 PM
          --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "Tuna" <rctowns@c...> wrote:
          > got mine at 'Driveline and Gear' in sparks, nv... do a websearch in
          your area for 'driveline'. i brought the rv in, and they swapped it
          out with a reconditioned one in about two and a half hours.

          Thanks for the info tuna! But 2 and a half hours seems like a long
          time to change out a driveshaft did they run into some kind of
          problem with yours?

          Bob

          > tuna
          > reno, nv
          > '79 ('81) Dodge 'Champion'

        • Keith Adams
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 7 7:33 PM
            Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with the old
            driveshaft?

            --- raas32 <raas32@...> wrote:
            > Anyone know where I can get a driveshaft for a 79
            > m-400 Dodge chassis?
            >
            > Thanks
            > Bob

            http://taxes.yahoo.com/
          • Tuna
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 7 7:36 PM
              busy shop... i was about fourth in line when i arrived. they didn't charge by the hour... r & r was included in the purchase price...
              i imagine my old drive shaft has been straightened and is already in another vehicle.
              > got mine at 'Driveline and Gear' in sparks, nv... do a websearch in
              your area for 'driveline'. i brought the rv in, and they swapped it
              out with a reconditioned one in about two and a half hours.

              Thanks for the info tuna! But 2 and a half hours seems like a long
              time to change out a driveshaft did they run into some kind of
              problem with yours?

              Bob

              > tuna
              > reno, nv
              > '79 ('81) Dodge 'Champion'

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • raas32
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 8 12:49 PM
                --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, Keith Adams <kadams4458@y...> wrote:
                > Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with the old
                > driveshaft?

                It's out of balance. And kinda rusty so I'm just gonna put in a new
                one.

                Bob

                > --- raas32 <raas32@y...> wrote:
                > > Anyone know where I can get a driveshaft for a 79
                > > m-400 Dodge chassis?
                > >
                > > Thanks
                > > Bob

                > http://taxes.yahoo.com/
              • Keith Adams
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 8 11:00 PM
                  Oh, okay. Well, they can always be re-balanced. I had
                  one re-done on a mid 70's Dodge once, and it was far
                  less expensive than a remanufactured unit. I think I
                  spent a grand total of 90 bucks. They installed new U
                  joints, straightened and balanced it, and sandblasted
                  and sprayed a fresh coat of epoxy on it for me. All I
                  did was pull it off and drop it off with them and they
                  had it ready for me the next day.

                  Keith

                  http://taxes.yahoo.com/