RE: [classicrv] 318 to 360 Conversion

  • Joel B. Chappell
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2003
      Right on Bob!

      When I swapped the 318 for a 360 in my ’85 Dodge P/U I had to do the same
      thing. I had to put a 360 harmonic balancer on the engine, and also had to
      upgrade the torque converter. The oil pan was also changed. I found out
      about it in the process of getting a new one anyway as 16 years of exposure
      to good old New Hampshire road salt every winter had made the original pan
      porous.

      Cheers,
      Joel in NH

      Joel B. Chappell - KC1SG