Re: Carpet cleaning in a motorhome

  • mxteam44 <mxteam44@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2003
      Just my 2 cents worth, and I do agree that steam cleaning wont be a
      problem if you don't get it too wet, and leave the windows open or
      heat on to dry it out. One other option that I've used in my home is a
      dry-cleaning system. I rented one for the weekend and all you do is
      spray a VERY fine mist of cleaning solution over the carpet, then
      sprinkle this "saw-dust" looking stuff over the area and then use a
      small machine with round brushes that circulate in opposite directions
      and work it back and forth over the area to be cleaned. Then wait an
      hour and vaccuum it all up. No moisture gets to your wood
      sub-flooring. It worked great in our house, and my brother-in-law used
      it in his house and the stuff even got a grape juice stain out of very
      light colored gray carpet that he had been trying for several years to
      remove. It cost me about $75 to rent the machine and all the
      "saw-dust" to clean about 2000 sf of carpet. Not as cheap as a steam
      cleaner, but works wonderfully without the wet carpet afterwards. Just
      a thought.
      Randy