1976 Concord

  • The Lumberlady
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2002
      The alternator was bad, so we replaced it. The radiator overflow
      was disconnected, so we are working on that bit.

      we FOUND the Brake Master Cylinder way up behind the driver's
      side front tire, just as you said, and it was a mess. Poor Ken came
      out from under there with brake fluid from one end of him to the
      other, managed to scratch both his arms and some "stuff" from
      the chassis, some kind of insulation crashed all down on him. He's a
      little worried, because he says it was as dry as a bone...to be expected,
      I think, for something that sat for four years.

      As to the mileage, we found that it had 89,000 miles on it, not 39,000
      as we had originally determined, trying to read through the dust and dirt.

      We ordered a sheet of 3/4 Marine Grade plywood through my business
      to fix the floor, because the rear floor under the tool compartment is rotted
      and hanging down. We discovered a leak where the clean water tank was
      hooked up, I guess that's what caused the rotted floor. I'm not sure how
      that is going to be fixed. Any suggestions?

      Ken N Judy