RE: [classicrv] propane gas filler valve

  • Chappell, Joel B
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2002
      Are you sure you need to replace the filler? There is a rubber O-ring gasket
      that needs replacing from time-to-time. Have you explored that?

      Joel in NH

    • sarb0325
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2002
        Thanks so much for your prompt reply. We were told by the propane
        dealer as well as the RV service tech that the filler valve needed to
        be replaced. However, we will ask them about the O-ring gasket.

        Thanks again!

        --- In classicrv@y..., "Chappell, Joel B" <joel.b.chappell@b...>
        wrote:
        > Are you sure you need to replace the filler? There is a rubber O-
        ring gasket
        > that needs replacing from time-to-time. Have you explored that?
        >
        > Joel in NH

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Chappell, Joel B
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2002
          That's OK. Just as an aside.... I went to a camping store last summer to get
          the propane topped off [I have an '85 Pace Arrow with Manchester tanks and
          valves]. This was not my usual propane supplier, but it was handy and we
          were eager to get on the road. They had a heck of a time trying to fill our
          propane. We changed O-rings and yet all that happened was propane leaked all
          over the valve, and since it was a high humidity 80-degree day, the valve
          frosted and froze up. Since we were just going out for the weekend I decided
          to make the best of it with what we had, which was about a third of a tank.
          A week later I went to my usual supplier, which is a strictly propane dealer
          [not a camping store that sells tanks and repairs and replaces], and they
          filled my tank... no problem. Not sure what the scenario was that caused the
          other problem, but I pass this along for your info.

          Joel in NH

        • David
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 3, 2002
            Are you sure that you have the new valves that were required after April
            this year on all removable tanks. The "O" ring in that new valve should not
            need to be replaced this soon.

            Treth

          • Chappell, Joel B
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 3, 2002
              We are talking about permanent non removable tanks on a class "A" motorhome
              that are not subject to the overfill limiter.

              Joel in NH

            • mguyer1793
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 3, 2002
                I am sure happy you said that Joel! I was thinking "Oh great another expense to restore my Class A". I had heard that the big 80 gal (I think)were expenpt from that rule.
                Mike