72 Dodge Motorhome -- UPDATE!

  • aladixiebelle
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2002
      Hi to all ! Thanks for all the replies :-)I have now found out our RV
      is indeed a Dodge Sightseer ! On the sides in faint lettering,
      is "SIGHTSEER" -- We found it last night when the light over the
      garage reflected on it from a side view ! Isn't that something ??
      After washing that thing and looking until we were cross-eyed for
      some clue and seeing nothing ! But now we at least know what it is !
      Now we continue to look for the VIN#, of which we now have another
      clue of where to look, as we'll do today. Now I am searching for more
      info on the Sightseer model. We know it's made by Travco (and yes, we
      are members of the mytravco.com site) we have gained some info, but
      would sure like more; like how long was production, how many made,
      etc. So our search continues as we restore it. Any help here would
      certainly be appreciated :-) Thanks to all who strived to help and
      will keep you updated. Happy Rving to one and all :-)
    • Frogmobile
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2002
        Have you tried looking under the hood, on the firewall?

        Jay

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2002
          --- In classicrv@y..., Frogmobile <frogmobile@e...> wrote:
          > Have you tried looking under the hood, on the firewall?
          >
          > Jay
          >
          > At 04:01 PM 12/1/02 +0000, you wrote:
          > > But now we at least know what it is !
          > >Now we continue to look for the VIN#, of which we now have another
          > >clue of where to look, as we'll do today.

          Yep we looked there too. Been looking half of today -
          frame,firewall,dash,doorways,under dash, you name it - No luck yet :-
          ( Thanks for the reply anyway.

          Forward we march !
        • ron routh
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 2, 2002
            May I suggest you contact your local office or your
            highway patrol or state police. They have books on
            where vin numbers and hidden vin numbers are on just
            about every vehicle made.
            Ron

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 3, 2002
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 3, 2002