thanks for header help

  • motorhomer2001
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2002
      i wanted to thank all and especially joel for the information on
      headers. i feel much more comfortable now. and yes, mine is a 454, a
      shorter one, weight with me and girlfriend on board, 9240, gvw 11400.
      it actually performs reasonably well, but has the typical leaking
      manifolds which is why i want to put the headers on.
    • Chappell, Joel B
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2002
        Oh yes..... that's why I installed the headers as well. I forgot the list of
        "snake-oil" fixes for the stock 454 manifolds. The extra thick NAPA gaskets,
        machining out the webbing between ports, enlarging the alignment pin holes,
        etc. All of them work for a while... but you can put that all behind you
        once you install a set of headers :>)

        Joel in NH