8716Re: [classicrv] The untimely demise of my 1977 Dodge Cobra

  • Terry Tyler
    May 1 9:32 PM
      on 05/01/02 10:02 AM, CarolynnePark@... wrote:

      > I have a 1994 Chevy S-10 Blazer with a V-6 engine. I am wondering if
      > it can serve as a tow vehicle for a small travel trailer. Can anyone
      > give me some ideas about that? Also, as I have never really looked at
      > travel trailers, some idea of the amenities they usually include
      > (bath and kitchen facilities)?

      Hi Carolynne,

      If you haven't considered one of the small Airstreams (16' or17'), you might
      want to put that into your mix of ideas. There's an email discussion group
      (500+ members) like this one for owners and restorers of 25 year old (and
      older) trailers. It's called the Vintage Airstream Club. Let me know if
      you're interested and I'll provide the address. Also, there are a dozen or
      more URLs with Airstream classifieds if you'd like to begin searching by
      looking at pictures, prices and floor plans.

      As for amenities, they usually include most of those that were in your
      "Reevey," although on a smaller scale. If you buy a restored Vintage
      Airstream, there's an excellent chance of it being attractive and as road
      worthy as anything you might buy brand new (but for a whole lot less money
      and a whole lot more camaraderie).

      By all means, look at the Tony's Travco website and anything else you can
      drum up. There are hundreds of options. If you choose an Airstream Bambi or
      Airstream Caravel, your truck will handle it better and will need fewer
      modifications than if you choose a larger trailer weighing close to your
      truck's limit.

      Terry

      mailto:tylerbears@...
      1975 Mercury Wagon 460CID with factory trailer towing package
      1967 22' Airstream Safari weighing more than 4,000 pounds.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic