7229RE: [classicrv] Weak Magic Chef stove

  • Chappell, Joel B
    Nov 5, 2001
      Eryn-

      I did not see the following mentioned in the thread, so if this is a repeat
      I'm sorry. In the first season with my rig I had a problem with the hot
      water heater, and could not adjust the flame as I though it should be. I
      found out that some very small, almost microscopic, red spiders had taken up
      residence in the orifice of the gas jet. When I quizzed the old-timer that
      works at the parts counter in my favorite RV dealer he said this was a
      common occurrence, and to watch for infestations in stoves and furnaces as
      well. Not sure if this is a local to NH, or the northeast, phenomena, so
      your mileage may vary. He also advised spraying WD-40 on the jets when you
      winterize to keep these guys from creeping in. Most important is he said DO
      NOT spray WD-40 on the jets if you PLAN TO USE THEM WITHIN 30 DAYS, only if
      you are storing for a lengthy winter slumber. Hope you find the problem
      Eryn, and ignore the other rumbling :-)

      Joel in NH