7222Re: Weak Magic Chef stove

  • haljr57us@yahoo.com
    Nov 4, 2001
      --- In classicrv@y..., eryn@e... wrote:
      > My husband and I bought a 1965 Traveleze trailer in nearly mint
      > condition this summer and are very happy. I have noticed, however,
      > that the original Magic Chef is weak compared to my Coleman propane
      > camping stove. It's like the burners on the Magic Chef only go up
      > medium high and it takes forever to perc coffee, etc. The oven
      seems
      > to work just fine.
      >
      > Any thoughts?

      HAL HERE. THE BURNER FLAME IS ADJUSTED BY MEANS OF AIR SHUTTERS.
      IF THE AIR SHUTTERS ARE SET TO FAR OPEN, THE FLAME WILL LIFT AWAY
      FROM THE BURNER HEAD. IF SET TO CLOSE THE FLAME WILL LOOK HAZY AND
      THE DISTINCT CONE WILL BE MISSING. THE FIRST THING IS I WOULD CHECK
      THE GAS PRESSURE. IT SHOULD BE 11 INCHES WATER-COLUMN PRESSURE. OR .4
      PSI. YOU WILL NEED A MANOMETER TO DUE THIS TASK. THE GAS PRESSURE
      REGULATOR FROM THE BOTTLES MIGHT BE A FAULT ALSO. HOPE THAT IS A MORE
      HELPFUL THEN THE OTHER POSTS
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic