7213Re: Weak Magic Chef stove

  • malabar13@hotmail.com
    Nov 4 8:21 AM
      Hi there.. Sometimes the burners get dirty. I had a stove on a boat
      and about once in 6 months I would have to take out the burners and
      clean the holes. Are all the burners low on flame??? If so maybe
      the regulator for the gas is not letting enought in. Also there is
      an air supply adjustment on each control. That adjusts lean or
      rich. If all burners are low then the supply to the stove is low in
      volume. Check the hose for crimped line or restriction. These
      stoves are not high tech. Most mechanical systems. Cleaning is the
      key. Be carefull of LP. Gas. Stays low to the floor. Have to sweep
      it out.!!!! Good Luck. Hope this helps...DC

      --- In classicrv@y..., Rob Sandera at Webatola <rob@o...> wrote:
      > eryn@e... wrote:
      > >
      > > My husband and I bought a 1965 Traveleze trailer in nearly mint
      > > condition this summer and are very happy. I have noticed, however,
      > > that the original Magic Chef is weak compared to my Coleman
      > > camping stove. It's like the burners on the Magic Chef only go up
      > > medium high and it takes forever to perc coffee, etc. The oven
      > > to work just fine.
      > >
      > > Any thoughts?

      > Your oven would hold the heat so it may appear like its fine cause
      > its warmed up its not hard to maintain the heat, but what could be
      > problem is a weak or stuck fuel pressure regulator from the tank. If
      > there's a problem with the regulator you wont get any heat or enough
      > heat. I'm not sure how they work on stoves but on furnaces a
      > man sets the furnace valve gas control with a manometer so maybe its
      > possible it can be checked the same way. I believe what they are
      > is setting the low pressure to the burner from the gas valve. They
      > often do this after a fuel conversion gas to propane etc. Also the
      > of your unit (1965) are you comparing to a new Coleman unit as many
      > changes have came about in gas appliances for efficiency and safety
      > that could be part of the difference also. Hope it helps. I would
      > a furnace guy or appliance shop that repairs stoves. Magic Chef
      may be
      > able to help you to possibly they have a burner upgrade.
      > --
      > Sincerely,
      > Rob Sandera
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic