6764Re: New member and Questions

  • bobalou1@prodigy.net
    Sep 3, 2001
      The lead was put into the gas to help keep the valves cool, I
      think I seen a report that stated that it appears that there is no
      apperant problems with running on unleaded. If anyone else has heard
      this report please back me up.

      Just my 2 cents worth, Bob.

      --- In classicrv@y..., "Duane" <deschwar@h...> wrote:
      > Probably so - but I think your valves and valve seats will self
      > destruct pre-maturely.
      >
      > Dad
      >

      > --- In classicrv@y..., malabar13@h... wrote:
      > > Welcome to the group... Seems funny about adding the aditive...
      > > have a 64 1/2 mustang with a 289 v-8 4 bl. runs fine on
      unleaded.??

      > > --- In classicrv@y..., haljr57us@y... wrote:
      And
      > > > think
      > RV
      It
      > > has
      > > on
      > General
      > > > it
      > > one
      > leaded
      > > gas
      > great
      > mony
      > > >

      > > > HAL HERE. WELCOME TO THE GROUP. AS TO RUNNING ON LEADED GAS,
      > THERE
      > > > ARE 2 THINGS YOU CAN DUE. ONE IS GET THE LEAD ADDATIVE AND PUT
      IN
      > > THE
      > > > GAS TANK EVERY TIME YOU GAS. THE SECOND IS REMOVE THE HEADS AND
      > > HAVE
      > > > THE HEADS REBUILT. THE VALVES AND VALVE SEATS WILL HAVE TO BE
      > > > REPLACED. i AM NOT CURTAN ABOUT THE GAS TANK FILLER NECK, YOU
      > MIGHT
      > > > HAVE TO REPLACE IT ALLSO. GOOD LUCK. YOU WILL FIND IT A CHANGLE
      > > > OWENING AN OLD RIG AND TRYING TO FIND THE PARTSTO REPARE IT,
      BUT
      > IT
      > > > IS ALL SO REWARDING TO KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE AND THE JOYS OF
      > > USING
      > > > IT.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic