39157Re: [classicrv] Re: Coleman Air Con

  • red2dog45
    Aug 3, 2014
      Interesting. Would not have thought any small A/C unit would use R-22. Common in larger central systems, but being phased out and the price has gone up a lot.

      ---In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, <john.sargent76@...> wrote :

      I have a 89 lesharo roof AC, coleman, uses r -22,
      John in Tucson

      On Aug 3, 2014, at 4:34 PM, "red2dog45@... [classicrv]" <classicrv@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Which Freon type were you dealing with? Not sure about when things changed for window and RV A/C, and for residential refrigerators. Around 1994 automotive changed from R-12 to R-134a.

      ---In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, <roadhse2@...> wrote :

      Did mine with a pierce fitting and standard auto a/c gauge set... worked fine and cost less than $40 for freon and fitting....

      I also did my home fridge 4 years ago and it has been working as new since....

      15 minute job and low cost to try before tossing that old unit, they are low pressure so any leak can take years to cause a problem again...i was told by a HVAC guy that most all a/c and fridges leak from the factory but last long enough to get out of the warranty period...true or not i dont know, but my fridge lasted 3 months past warranty date when i recharged it...and exceeded that time frame since i did...

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic