39132Re: Tubed tyres on tubeless rims.

  • red2dog45
    Jun 12, 2014
      Tube type Radials? Don't think you can even buy those in the USA. The general opinion is that the radial sidewall flexes more than the stiffer bias-ply type, so there is more friction when using a tube. You can get radial rated tubes, which I believe are thicker. If you look at online tire sellers here for that duty almost all are tubeless radials, with some bias- ply (likely also tubeless). Even small things like wagons and lawn tractors are tubeless here.

      ---In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, <ppenwarden@...> wrote :

      I have a 92 Brave, it has 7.50 R16 tyres. The spare had a date code Feb 94, as we have a 2000 ml trip next week, time to change it. In the UK, tubeless that size are very rare. It had 6 new tyres 6000 mls ago and can't mix 245 85 16. I was told not to use tubed tyres on tubeless rims by several tyre companies as it was dangerous. I bought 2 tubed tyres and got a call from them asking me not to fit them. Upon removal the spare that looked great, was shredded inside. Could not find a tubeless with correct load rating so have fitted tube type with an inner tube. Is that a problem? A friend's son works for a tyre co and even there opinion is decided! Many thank.
      Bristol UK

      Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic