39131Tubed tyres on tubeless rims.

  • ppenwarden@yahoo.co.uk
    Jun 11, 2014

      I have a 92 Brave, it has 7.50 R16 tyres. The spare had a date code Feb 94, as we have a 2000 ml trip next week, time to change it. In the UK, tubeless that size are very rare. It had 6 new tyres 6000 mls ago and can't mix 245 85 16. I was told not to use tubed tyres on tubeless rims by several tyre companies as it was dangerous. I bought 2 tubed tyres and got a call from them asking me not to fit them. Upon removal the spare that looked great, was shredded inside. Could not find a tubeless with correct load rating so have fitted tube type with an inner tube. Is that a problem? A friend's son works for a tyre co and even there opinion is decided! Many thank.
      Peter
      Bristol UK

      Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic