38969Re: [classicrv] Fridge overcooling

  • Todd Barnard
    Jan 29, 2014
      That can give you a fluctuation in temps, but they tend to either work or not...does this happen on gas only?

      On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 11:50 PM, <red2dog45@...> wrote:

      My mistake in terminology. What I was referring to is the capillary tube that senses the evaporator temperature, and is connected to the thermostat. There is one for both gas and electric in Dometic refrigerators.  What happens if that component fails?

      ---In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, <akivaca@...> wrote:

      The thermocoupler does not do either. Its purpose is to signal that the pilot light is working so when the thermostat says more cold the regulator will open up and allow more gas to pass through. It is a safety device so gas can not pass through the regulator with out blowing up.

      On Jan 29, 2014 9:45 PM, <red2dog45@...> wrote:

      If the thermocouple fails in an Rv fridge will it signal the thermostat to go too high or too low?

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic